Monday, February 6, 2012

A wonderful Sunday!

Well, yesterday was Superbowl Sunday. It was the Giants vs. the Patriots. We weren't really excited about the Superbowl this year. The teams weren't that great, but I was going for the Patriots just because I don't like the Giant's coach. Well, in the end, the Giants won. Oh well. Who cares? :D

Saturday night, I found a recipe for Buffalo Chicken on pinterest. Go here for the recipe and directions: (you won't be sorry!)

I had already defrosted some chicken, but I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it. Well, after I found this recipe, it looked soooo good, so I decided that I was going to make it. What made it even better was that it was a crock-pot meal! So, since it takes 6-7 hours to cook on low, I decided I would start it then and it would be ready in the morning. I had to let it cook about an hour longer after the initial 6-7 hours. So, I shredded the chicken so it could soak up the chili sauce and ranch dip dry packet. I left it on warm while we were in church. I also started some bread in the bread maker. We were welcomed with the yummy smells of homemade bread and yummy buffalo chicken when we came home. I loved it! And since it was fast Sunday, that made it even better! We closed our fast in prayer and then it was dig in time! :D We put it on the fresh, warm bread I had made and I put ranch and cheese on top. Oh man! It was soooo good! David really liked it and so did I. It's definitely a recipe I'll make again.

Poor little David fell asleep in his high chair again. So, after I finished, I went to clean him up and then I took a nap with him. I was super tired. I had gone to bed around 2am. We slept for about 2 hours before we both heard David on the phone. Of course little David was very curious as to what his dad was doing, so he got down off the bed and went to investigate. I came out shortly after him.

Then, I was actually very productive! I washed all the dishes-which had piled up again-UGH! I made granola for David. He LOVES his family recipe for granola cereal and I hadn't made it in forever, so I finally did. I made about 4 batches so he'll have plenty for awhile! :D Then I made some more bread because we ate about half the loaf earlier. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it really was! We went to bed early (about 10sih) because David was really tired and so was everyone else. I couldn't really sleep though. I don't know what's going on with me. I haven't been able to sleep very well recently. But, oh well. I got up to turn the bread machine off at about 2:15am since it doesn't turn off by itself. The bread wasn't done until 12:20am, but I was sleeping then. So I took the bread out and then went back to sleep. I slept for the rest of the night.

Today I'm going to the post office to FINALLY mail off a letter to my brother and to my nephew Luke for his school project. David had taken the car on Saturday and had it all day for work. I wasn't done with Luke's letter by the time he left so I said that's fine. I was planning on walking to the post office with baby-which is about a 18-20 minute walk one way. But I checked the office hours and I realized I wasn't going to get there before the office closed. I was super bummed. But I have the car today, so I get to go there and to get some groceries. Our poor fridge is almost empty!

Anyway. I think David woke up either too early or is just being crabby so I can get off the computer. It's probably because I'm not playing his Mozart music right now. That's what he's into right now. He'll start dancing once it comes on. He'll even move his arm like he's conducting. Actually, he only moves his arm up and down, but it's like he's conducting.

Yesterday in Relief Society he wouldn't stay by me, so I just let him walk around and only went to get him when he went up front. When we were singing, he would walk up to the piano and the conductor and start waving his arm. It was too funny.

Alright...well..little David has now brought me 3 books to read to him. (The other thing he's into) so I better get going and entertain my little guy!


  1. You lead a very busy life. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. Your blog has a very refreshing tone and I'll be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

  2. Gotta love Pinterest! And I've never even tried my family's granola recipe before. But Tony and the girls really like it too. :)

  3. I won't bug you about updating your blog right now. But I will later on. :P